Sunday 30 August 2015

APC Leader, Police Clash In Bayelsa Over Sanitation Restriction


There was panic yesterday morning around the Edepie suburb of Yenagoa, Bayelsa State capital when some policemen allegedly attached to  an  All Progressive Congress( APC) leader clashed with  the staff of the state Environmental Sanitation Authority led by its Chairman, Mr Oboku Offorji. It was gathered that the clash, which occurred at the Tombia junction, followed a heated argument on the barricade mounted  to ensure residents of the state adhere to the restriction of movement order on
sanitation day. The Chairman of the state sanitation authority   accused the APC  leader and his supporters of deliberately flouting the restriction order in line with the sanitation law and attempting to disrupt the exercise with security personnel shooting sporadically into the air. The leadership of the APC   in the state dismissed the allegation saying officials of the state government  were trying to discredit the party. Meanwhile, the media adviser to the state  APC Chairman, Mr Alawoei Opukeme, dismissed the claims. He said since the PDP now sees the APC as its greatest threat, it wants  to do everything within  to discredit the party. In a related development, Mr Timi Alaibe said it would be irresponsible and mischievous of anybody to link him with the incident, saying  he did not participate in or know anything about it. “I can tell you truthfully that since the day I declared for the APC in Bayelsa State, I have not gone back there for any function either personal or public. Today, I am speaking to you from Abonema in Rivers State where I came to attend a burial”, Alaibe stated. “I was never in Bayelsa State; neither was I involved any such incident as alleged. Somebody wants to score a cheap political point by linking or including me in an issue I know nothing about.“It’s all dirty politics. I’m glad you could call like your other colleagues to get my reaction to this clear falsehood.”

No comments: