Saturday 3 October 2015

AFIKPO CHIC TURNS 45 YEARS OLD!!!!

Read what she wrote on her Facebook wall
Hello friends, I turned 45 years old on Tuesday, September 29, 2015. This is a huge milestone. The older I get the better I feel. I am highly honored to see this age. I owe it all to the architect of the universe for making it all possible. This is a very special Birthday for me; for this is the 1st birthday I
am spending as a Politician in my Country, Nigeria.I am dedicating this Iconic birthday to the people of Afikpo who defied all odds and elected me to represent them in Ebonyi State House of Assembly
earlier this year. I never thought about being a part of politics until August last year, and started the process the same month, as I felt that rather than dream of good governance, talk about the bad governance we are faced with all day on social media, and rant about all those looting and impoverishing us all, I should go in there and be the CHANGE I am preaching and ranting about. Despite the fact that I had no godfather, no help, the wherewithal, and to further complicate the matter, the party, PPA, which I ran under, had no structure in my state; my people still did a shocker, voted massively for me, refused to leave, until the votes where counted and I was declared the winner.
Dear Afikpo people, I have this to say to you, you have done it all for me. It is now permanently my turn to spoil you massively with goodness. I cannot ever pay you back enough for your speedy elevation of my person and the agape love you show me daily, but I will spend my entire life trying to. Your historic effort in the election made me the only winner under the platform of PPA in the whole federation, and also made me the only person that won election in 2015 without political structure in the entire country. My brand of politics, which is based purely on selflessness and compassion for humanity will continuously let the world know that you did not make a mistake when you insisted it must be Maria or Maria. Hear me, Afikpo must be synonymous with good governance. You know I will never ever ever disappoint you. NEVER. I love you so madly. All I have, All I acquire is for you. I cannot eat until you eat. I cannot enjoy until you enjoy. I shall serve myself last.
SOCIAL MEDIA: I am a pioneer in social media in this nation. I started one of the 1st news pages in Facebook in 2009, when very few in Nigeria knew of Facebook. I own the most active FB group in Nigeria today. Among other social media fora I own. A lot of things you see today as common in social media was initiated by me and my bevy of workers. Social media has affected politics and politicians! Now thanks to FB and other social networks, you and I have a say about what the politicians do. In the days of yore, a politician can do and undo without kpim from anyone because there was no where that both young and old were gathered to discuss all the actions they are were taking, and then decide what can be done in our on way to suppose or counter an act. Well that was then. Being a pioneer in this new media, I owe it to you, all and sundry to be a good leader. To be that leader we wished for in various forums. To be that leader that you and I longed for. Well I have good news for you; I will be that leader, the one that spends sleepless nights on how to better the lot of those he/she leads and beyond. I will be that leader. I will not disappoint the youth. I will not disappoint the young and neither will I disappoint the old.
LEGISLATION: As a politician and and legislator, my legislative philosophy is legislating for development. In other words, my activities, intentions, goals, mission and vision are development-centered. That shall forever define my involvement in politics and stewardship for the people.
FRIENDS: Dear friends, thank you for being a part of of birthday! I truly appreciate you.
PHOTO: Taken on Tuesday, September. 29, 2015 in my Maria Island Resort abode, Afikpo.
YOURS SINCERELY,
Maria Ude Nwachi (Afikpo Chic).
BCEL - Best Chic Ever Liveth.
Minority Leader - Ebonyi State House of Assembly.
Maria Ude Nwachi's photo.

No comments: