Tuesday 6 October 2015

I Had No Idea That Buhari Was Going To Nominate Me As A Minister- Former Gov. Fayemi

The former Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi told newsmen today in Abuja about his ministerial nomination.“Well, to the extent that I was not told by the President that I was going to
be on his list; yes, it came as a surprise. The president is a surprise master; let me put it that way.“He did not tell anyone to the best of my knowledge and I would have thought that I was in a vantage position to know more than others. I was with him for five days before then.“I was with him in New
York at the United Nations General Assembly, and he never uttered a word about his list to me nor to anyone else.“We came back to Nigeria together, I was with him up till 4pm on the evening he submitted the list to the President of the Senate and I didn’t have any clue as to what was going to happen. So, to that extent, I was pleasantly surprised.” He further went on to say; “One must thank the President for reposing confidence in us and we thank the party because when you look at the list, you see that this is a galaxy of party men and women, people who have really been active, who have worked so hard to ensure the victory of our party.“And we also owe it as a duty to deliver on the promises made to Nigerians by the party, so it is a call to duty really; it involved a lot of work, service and sacrifice of Nigerians.”

No comments: