Monday 5 October 2015

Interview With Rivers State Miss Centenary, Offor Chiamaka

Sorry its coming late! In 2013 Offor Chiamaka Eucharia participated in the Miss Centenary Pageant in Rivers State and beat  22 other contestants to win the coveted crown. Representing Port Harcourt LGA, she displayed just the right dose of intelligence, poise and charm to earn her the title of Miss Centenary 'Queen Ambassador'. Offor Chiamaka Eucharia grew up in Rivers State. Read The Interview:
  • Can You Tell Us About Yourself
My name is OFFOR Chiamaka Eucharia. I'm the first child out of six children in my family. I'm from Nkpologwu in Aguta LGA of Anambra State. I'm a graduate of University of Port Harcourt, from the


department of Educational Management, Faculty of Education were I studied Political Science..... I love dancing, traveling, and making friends and taking pictures......
  • Can You Tell Us What Miss Centenary Is All About?
Miss Centenary is a contest organised by the Rivers State government, in celebrating Port Harcourt the Capital of Rivers State as it turned 100 years of Port Harcourt and also to place a queen to stand as a role model to the younger generation for the next 100 years. The Pageant was all about bringing out the best in you
  • You Are From The East, How Come You Contested For Miss Centenary In Rivers State Knowing You're Not An Indigene Of Rivers State?
Ok I'm an indigene of Rivers State by birth so I have the right to contest
  • What Was Your Attraction? The Crown? Fame Or The Prizes?
Not the crown I want to be a role model to the younger generation
  • What Qualities Do You Think You Have That Made You Stand Out?
My charisma and boldness and my smile where really outstanding
  • How Did You Feel When You Were Announced Amongst The First Three Winners?
Felt amazing and returned all glory to God. I was the first runner up, that's the second place
  •  Have You Participated in any Pageant Before Now Or Done Any Modeling Before
Yes, I have. Apart from Miss Centenary, I was the second runner up for Miss garden city model in the year 2011
  • Since you won the crown, what has been the expectations that you have to live up as a beauty queen?
To be a role model to the younger generation in the society.
  • What are your duties as a Miss Centenary?
Reaching out to the less privilege and being a role model to the younger generation.
  • What do you intend to do after your reign to ensure you still remain relevant so that when your name is mentioned, people still remember you?
Pray GOD gives me the wisdom and strength to always carryout the sensitization programme for the youths which a routine right now.
  • What are the opportunities you have now that you don't have before?
Am now opportune to meet with people that matter in the society and that pertain to my career. Am well favoured now.
  • Do you have the self conscious spirit when walking on the street now that you a queen?
Yes I do, because I know eyes are on me and as the saying goes, looking good is good business.
  • Would you allow your daughter to participate in any beauty Pageant?
For sure I will, If that's what she wants.
  • What is your fondest memory of the Pageant?
Everything. From the camp to courtesy visit and the event together with the crown. and prize.
  • Do you really have to be tall and skinny to win a beauty Pageant?
Yes, you must meet the qualification.
  • Are you in any relationship?
Not in any for now.
  • What qualities do you look out for in a man?
A GOD fearing man, handsome presentable, caring and eloquent.
  • What is your advice to any one that wants to go into Pageantry or modeling?
My advice is for them to enjoy whatever they do.

No comments: