Sunday 27 March 2016

I Didn’t Make N280m From Forex Deal – Garba Shehu

The Peoples Democratic Party on Saturday alleged that the Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, made a total of N280m dealing in forex.
On its Twitter handle, @PdpNigeria, the party stated that Shehu was assisted in the deal by the Central Bank of Nigeria Governor, Godwin Emefiele.However, in a swift reaction, the spokesman to
Buhari denied the allegation.“FLASH: Garba Shehu got $800,000 forex at N185 from CBN on the instructions of Emefiele, CBN governor and sold at N350 on the same day,” the PDP tweeted.However, Shehu in a disclaimer posted on his Facebook wall on Saturday stated that he was not a forex trader, threatening to sue anyone behind the social media handle.“It is a lie by PDP to say I bought $800,000 from the CBN. I had only two forex purchases since coming into government: Eight thousand Dollars ($8,000) sent to my daughter and nephews through United Bank for Africa. This is verifiable.“I’m not a forex trader. The day I choose to start trading in forex, I will resign as a presidential spokesman. If I know the coward and psychopath behind the official PDP handle, I will launch a defamation suit against him or her. And I will claim money in millions as damages,” Buhari’s spokesman said.

No comments: