Friday 25 March 2016

RSS Saves 17 Yr Old Who Tried Jumping From The Third Mainland Bridge in An Attempted Suicide

The operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RSS) of the Lagos State Police Command has prevented a 17 yr old from committing suicideAccording to the police, the RSS stopped the boy
identified as Lanre before he could jump from the Third Mainland Bridge into the lagoon.The young boy who is said to be a secondary school leaver and second son of his mother was standing at the edge of the bridge looking at the lagoon curiously when the attention of the RSS men was drawn by a
mechanic.Before he could jump in the lagoon the RSS officials held  his legs and took him to the headquartersAsking the boy while he wanted to take his life, he said he decided to jump into the Lagoon after he lost  N6,000 his mother gave him to buy foodstuffs at the Ita Faaji Market and his mobile phone to hoodlums on Lagos Island.He said "I couldn't summon the courage to go back home and tell my mum that I lost the money, I dont know those guys  and have never seen them before"Lanre’s mother, who was summoned to the RRS office, said she was shocked to learn that he attempted suicide.She said, “He has just finished his secondary school. I don’t know why he wanted to commit suicide. He is a sickle cell anaemia patient, but he has never been admitted in a hospital before. If I don’t tell you, you won’t know. He is athletic and doing just fine. His father has travelled overseas and re-married. We are doing fine with our lives.“If he had returned home to tell me what happened, the worst I could have done was to slap him.“I know I have been an exceptional mother to my four children. I have never allowed them to miss their father and they are doing quite well in their studies.”

No comments: