Friday 22 July 2016

Unbelievable : Police Arrest Teenagers Aelling Human Skull In Akwa Ibom

Operatives of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), of Akwa Ibom State Police Command, on Thursday, July 30, arrested young men who were n possession of a human skull.They were said to
have been looking for a buyer for the skull when police apprehended them, following alert from vigilant youths in the area.The suspects are Emmanuel Edet Ikot, 17,  from Edeabasi, Oron; Ubong
Udong, 18; Bright Effiong Okon, 19 and Okon Ita, 20, from Orukim.Ikot, who is believed to be the gang leader, said  stumbled on the human skull accidentally, explaining that he was working at an uncompleted building for a man (names withheld) in Oron he found it.“I was paid to cut grass and clean up an uncompleted building by one man in Oron,” he told Vanguard.“As I was clearing the place, I stumbled on a human skull. I then rushed to inform my friends of what I found and in the company of those my friends, we went to pick the human skull.“After picking it, we decided to sell it, but we did not know of any possible buyer. So, it was suggested by one of us that we take it to a native doctor in Mbo. The four of us went together but on our way, we were held by the youth leader of Mbo.“After the skull was found on me, he called the police to arrest us. That is why we are here. I have not sold human parts before.”According to the Akwa Ibom State Police Public Relations Officer, Delia Nwawe, the suspect will be charged to court for the law to take its course.
PulseNg

No comments: