Friday 6 February 2015

UK: Family Furious As Bus Driver Is Sacked After Taking 7 Months Off To Mourn Daughter Who Died After Child Birth

Robert Parkisson, 62, from Chadderton, Greater Manchester (pictured holding grandson Zac above) and his family have been left furious after bosses told him he no longer has a job, after taking seven months off to mourn the death of his daughter.
Robert was diagnosed with depression and has been on sick leave since his daughter Lisa,35, tragically died two days after giving birth. A furious Robert says his bosses just wants him to come to work and careless about his feelings.
                                                             Late 35-year old Lisa's picture
'I'm just a number to them. All they care about is me coming back to work.
'They don't care about me as a person. It is so disrespectful to my daughter's memory.'
He continued;
'First Bus keep asking me for a date to return to work but I just can't give them one.
'When I'm behind the wheel and I'm carrying a bus full of passengers, I'm responsible for their safety.
'But, with how I feel at the moment, I just couldn't drive the bus. Sometimes I lose concentration and drift, sometimes I just break down into tears.
'I can't control it and each day is different to the next.
We have had barely no support from anyone and to find out that I've lost my job as well has just been too much for us all to take, he said. 
                                                                             Lisa's child

No comments: