Monday 1 June 2015

Watching Victor Osuagwu In "Adam Goes To School" Movie Made Me Go Into Comedy - MC Pecolo

Today we have an interview excerpts from a Comedian, MC,  Motivational speaker, Actor, and an Evangelist
Follow us on the excerpts of MC Pecolo Comedian
  • Can You Tell Us About yourself, Who Is MC Pecolo Comedian?
MC Pecolo Comedian full name is Agochukwu Elvis Okwudiri, from Awalla Isiekenesi Ideato South
LGA. The first son out of five  children, 3 boys and two beautiful daughers of late Mr. Boniface and Mrs Ngozi Agochukwu
  •  Your Name Is Agochukwu; Why Did You Choose To Bear MC Pecolo
It's a stage name, it all started when my father was still alive and i was in SS1 in secondary school and i was very stubborn so my dad came home one day while on mid term break, gave me a Nigeria movie "Adam Goes To School" where comedian Victor Osuagwu played the role of a stubborn boy that got suspend in school for impregnating a girl- so i finished watching the movie and when we go back to school, you know i attended a seminary boarding school (@ St John Chrysostom Seminary School Osina). So i organize boys and we acted the play in the school because every Saturday night is usually social night, where every class acts and presents a play and the best gets gift from the social prefect. So after acting the the drama Adam was Victor role which i took as Pecolo which made me popular and it took over my name, when i got to the University i started comedy and the MC came into it.
  • Are You A Graduate?
Yes! From Imo State University, And I Study Pure Religion
  •  You Study Pure Religion From Imo State University, Why Did you go into comedy full time instead of practicing what you study?   
 
I have always wanted to be noticed, i have this natual ability to make people laugh without forcing it. Again, i have always wanted to study Acting but it happened that i was granted admission in religion department. And doing comedy in school help me a lot.
  • You Are A Christian, And  You Took Comedy As Your Career, Don't You Think You Are Sinning Because Most Of The Things You People Say Are Base In Assumptions Or Even Lie And The Bible Made Us to Understand That No Idle Word Should Come Of Our Mouth. So What Is Your Take? 
 Basically, as a christian comedian you are to be mindful of your jokes and have limitations on what comes out of your mouth. Again as a born again christian, there are things you can not say; Your joke has to be educational, informing and a satire too. Basically, i think is all about the person doing the joke. A lot of comedians i know can not make a joke without talking trash or naughty but for me i think is all about who is giving out the joke because NEMO DAT NON HABBET '' ONE CAN NOT GIVE OUT WHAT HE DOES NOT HAVE''
  • Apart From Comedy, Are You Into Any Other Business?
Hmmmmm, not really, unless acting but i have stopped for a while, am an evangelist and a motivational speaker
  • How Many Years Have You Been In This Industry?
  Say 5 years now, though i have been at the background as what we call ''Property And Set Designer'' Prosp & set but started active acting in 2010 but has been off and on 
  • What Motivate You To Go Into Comedy? Is It Because Of Money, No Job, Or Fame?
I think i will say all of the above....Lol. because they all work in accordance! But i have always wanted to put a smiles on people faces and make them relax from the hustling and bustling of life and reduce BP.
  • As An Upcoming Comedian, What Was Your Challenges And How Did You Overcome Such Challenges?    
My Challenges then was making people to believe in me, and give me the chance whether in a movie or in stand up comedy, people were using the already known faces. I remember being compared to one comedian then just because i was doing packaging, coming out on an event on corporates. Making people believe, accept and giving me a trial was my major challenge and i overcome by putting in a tireless efforts in making sure i develop myself.
  • Tell Us About your Relationship?
Currently am single and seriously searching, i have met a couple of nice people but prayerfully i will choose a date when the time is ripe and present her to God but for now what's on my mind is building my career and serving God in this my youthful days with my talents as long as his grace abound.
  • Please Tells Us Some Of Your Achievement: That You Have Achieved Through Comedy
I have really achieve a lot, comedy has taken me to places but i can not mention them here in public for security purposes, but my talent has really brought me before great men and has taken me to
almost all the states of the country and beyond.

  • What Is Your Advice To The Upcoming Comedian Out There 
   My Advice to the talented youths/ Comedians, talents is golden, no man is an island, every person created, God embedded a talent hidden waiting to be discovered. He never forgets great person easily. you are the next to be celebrated as you make use of your talents be it Acting, Dancing, Comedy, Football. Lets avoid evil today
  • Appreciation 
I deeply appreciate Tehila Okereke Blog for finding me worthy to be interviewed. Remain bless and stay Reputable. One Love#

No comments: